Category Archives: National US Debt
From It Ain’t Holy Water: http://itaintholywater.blogspot.com/
- And NO, I’m not voluntarily going to pay MORE taxes…I’m Taxed Enough Already.
Maybe I can ‘save the planet’ and ‘go green’ (without transferring any cash for carbon credits from Al Gore) at the same time I cut back?
- Making ice cubes takes energy, so I can lower my energy bill and my carbon footprint by not drinking my Scotch on the rocks, but straight with water by. This should also take the edge off the blazing hypocrisy of our present “raise taxes AND spending” politicians.
After all….it’s the least I can do to acknowledge their doing the least they can do.
‘We are cutting back and you may want to also….
We’re going to bite the bullet, too!!!!
President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.
I’m so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to do the same thing with my personal budget.
I spend about $3,000 a month on groceries, household expenses, medicine, utilities, etc., but it’s time to get out the budget cutting axe, go through my expenses, and cut back.
I’m going to cut my spending at exactly the same ratio (1/35,000) of my total budget. After doing the math, it looks like instead of spending $3,000 a month, I’m going to have to cut that number by nine cents. Yes, I’m going to have to get by with $2999.91, but that’s what sacrifice is all about.
I’ll just have to do without some things, that are, frankly, luxuries – nine cents worth. Guess I’ll have to put a little less Vermouth in my Manhattan, or give up lemon in my gin and tonic!!!!! Tough decision!
Did this President actually think no one would do the math? The monetary figures are tough to grasp…. but with this illustration it’s easily understood that President Obama isn’t serious about reducing spending.
Please send this to everyone on your list so people understand how idiotic a $100 million cut is in a $3.5 trillion budget – ludicrous!!!!!!!
“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation…
One is by sword…The other is by debt.”
John Adams 1826′
Found at Moonbattery: http://moonbattery.com/
$16 Trillion National Debt Grinds Economic Growth and Job Creation to Halt, Says AJS Chief.
16 trillion and Moebama is bailing out the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.
Stephen DeMaura, President of Americans for Job Security, today issued the following statement in the wake of the U.S. national debt hitting a record-breaking $16 trillion:
“An economy with tremendous debt is slow to grow, slow to expand and slow to hire. Weighed down by more than $16 trillion in debt, America’s economy cannot grow fast enough to return our nation to full employment. With an unemployment rate that has hovered above 8 percent for 43 consecutive months, the government’s big-spending policies are only perpetuating the recession and grinding economic growth and job creation to a halt.”
- The president promised to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term. However, he has now presided over four straight years of deficitsover $1 trillion.
- The president’s big-spending policies are costing jobs and economic growth and saddling future generations with crushing debt.
President Obama’s big-spending policies have added trillions to the national debt:
- President Obama’s failed stimulus bill added nearly $1 trillion to the federal debt.
- ObamaCare is expected to add over a half trillion to the federal debt over its first 10 years.
- President Obama’s tax-and-spend budgets have been unanimously rejected by both sides of the aisle three separate times.
- Senate Democrats haven’t passed a budget in almost three-and-a-half years.
The president’s policies are costing jobs and economic growth, and saddling future generations with crushing debt:
- Total federal debt has increased by more than 50 percent since the president took office.
- Debt per person has increased from $34,731 to $50,876 since the president took office, and is now greater than that of Portugal, Italy, Spain, and Greece.
- Our federal debt now exceeds the entire annual economic output of the United States. This level of debt is projected to reduce economic growth by 1 percent, which would result in one million fewer jobs according to the president’s former top economic adviser.
From Atlas Shrugs: http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/