Category Archives: Marxism
From Moonbattery: http://moonbattery.com/
Homeschoolers will not escape the Common Core – at least those who take GED tests.
Once Common Core is nationally implemented and federally enforced, public education will become just another word for a forcible indoctrination of our children to induce them to give up their parents’ political, social, or religious beliefs and attitudes and to accept contrasting regimented ideas. This is the dictionary definition of brainwashing.
As a conservative, picking out things you don’t like about Barack Obama is kind of like pointing to the wettest part of the ocean. It also goes beyond politics. Not only is Barack Obama wrong politically, he’s not a good guy, “cool,” or even moderately likable. To the contrary, he’s one of the nastiest, least admirable people in politics and he gets by based on a phony persona he created when he ran for President in 2008 – along with the help of press corps liberals that work to protect him like they’re on his payroll. Based on his performance and his personality, Barack Obama deserves to be the least popular man ever to sit in the White House.
1) Nobody but an ass would say, “It’s very rare that I come to an event where I’m like the fifth- or sixth-most interesting person.”
2) He’s a former (maybe, who really knows?) coke-snorting pothead who governs with all the care and due diligence you’d expect from a coke-snorting pothead.
3) Barack Obama actually said, “The private sector is doing fine.” Given that the private sector has never at any point been doing fine since he became President, he’d have to be dumb, dishonest or delusional to say something like that.
4) He is a bigger liar than Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter put together. There’s nothing the man says you can count on him meaning unless he’s saying something nice about himself.
5) He’s made racist comments about white people. Just to name one example,
“That’s just how white folks will do you. It wasn’t merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn’t know that they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn.”
6) His whole campaign in 2012 revolved around telling people Mitt Romney was an awful human being because he had money. Meanwhile, Barack Obama is worth 10 million dollars. What a hypocrite!
7) He once picked his nose on camera.
8) “The same guy who lectured the country on the importance of civility after Gabrielle Giffords was shot also refers to people he disagrees with politically as ‘teabaggers.’“
9) He ate a dog once which is just gross.
10) He actually said, “Thank you, Planned Parenthood. God bless you. ” We’re talking about people who murder babies for a living and he’s asking God to bless that? What a despicable man.
11) He went to Jeremiah Wright’s church for twenty years and considered the man his spiritual mentor even though his utterly vile former pastor is anti-white, anti-Semitic and anti-American. Ultimately, the only reason Obama threw him under the bus at all was because Wright criticized him.
12) He looks like a pansy when he rides his little bike in mom jeans.
13) He throws like a six year old girl.
14) Americans dying in Boston or Benghazi? Obama was so indifferent he might as well have been talking about what he was having for lunch. But when gun control failed, that he got upset about.
15) He’s the single least competent man ever to sit in the White House; yet he’s arrogant to the point of narcissism. He’s like a third string high school basketball player who thinks he should be playing in the NBA all-star game.
16) He’s made an ass of himself by publicly inserting himself into both the Henry Louis Gates arrest and the Trayvon Martin case when he should have just shut his big yap and let justice take its course.
17) He habitually demonizes successful people and businesses.
18) He actually told Hispanic Americans that Republicans WERE THEIR ENEMIES, “If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s gonna be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.“
19) America lost its AAA credit rating for the first time since 1917 on Obama’s watch and he blamed it on the Tea Party. Yes, seriously.
20) One out of every five Americans is on food stamps thanks to Barack Obama and in his mind, that’s a good thing because it makes those people more dependent on the government and therefore likely to vote for the Democrats.
21) He decimated the American health care system with Obamacare, even though the American people didn’t want it and the bill was universally opposed by every Republican in the House and Senate except Olympia Snowe, who later voted in favor of repealing it.
22) He once threw his own GRANDMOTHER under the bus. HIS GRANDMOTHER.
“I can no more disown (Jeremiah Wright) than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother – a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.”
23) Time and time again he has said and done things that indicate that he doesn’t like America, is ashamed of the country and finds the whole nation to be slightly embarrassing.
24) Obama passed the DREAM ACT by fiat and illegally, unconstitutionally started the process of giving work permits to illegals.
25) There are Americans and Mexicans dead because of Fast and Furious and Obama is covering it up Nixon-style by asserting executive privilege.
26) He spends more time golfing and going on vacations than he does in meetings on economic policy.
27) He’s spending so much money that it’s almost singlehandedly destroying the economic future of America. One day, kids will be pointing to his picture when they’re asked about the moment when the American dream began to die.
28) This is a man who demands credit for his “bipartisanship” while he says things like, “But I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don’t mind cleaning up after them, but don’t do a lot of talking.” What a jerk.
29) After it came out that the Korean rapper Psy had wished death not just on American soldiers, but their wives and children, Obama made a point of shaking his hand publicly even though the fact he was in the same room with him had been controversial.
30) Barack Obama may be the most crooked President ever to sit in the Oval Office. His campaign contributors at Solyndra got 535 million dollars they couldn’t pay back and he broke the law to help his union cronies at GE and Chrysler while taxpayers lost 25 billion dollars on the deal. In a better, more honest world Obama would deserve to face possible JAIL TIME for what he did there.
From The Daley Gator: http://thedaleygator.wordpress.com/
During her testimony on the “Gang of Eight” immigration bill before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano declared that she, President Barack Obama and other political officials at the top of this administration have the authority to decide which laws to enforce, and which ones to ignore.
Napolitano made the declaration in an exchange with Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) when he was questioning her on how Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents have alleged that political officials in the Obama administration, including her, have blocked them from enforcing the law.
Sessions noted that ICE agents’ union president Chris Crane had testified on Monday “that agents are prohibited from enforcing the law and, indeed, the ICE officers have filed a lawsuit [to that effect].”
“I started out as a federal prosecutor in the Department of Justice in 1975,” Sessions said. “I have never heard of a situation in which a group of law officers sued their supervisor and you for blocking them from following the law. They weren’t complaining about pay, benefits, working conditions. They were saying their very oath they took, to enforce the law, is being blocked by rules and regulations and policies established from on high and that this is undermining their ability to do what they’re sworn to do.”
In her response to those remarks from Sessions, Napolitano said she believes she and other political officials have the authority to tell law enforcement agents which laws to enforce and which ones to ignore.
“There are tensions with union leadership, unfortunately, but here’s what I expect as a former federal prosecutor and attorney general, and that is that law enforcement agents will enforce the law in accord with the guidance they’re given from their superiors,” Napolitano said. “That’s what we ask of ICE, that’s what we ask of Border Patrol, that’s what we ask throughout the Department and I believe that would be consistent with all law enforcement. Agents don’t set the enforcement priorities. Those are set by their superiors and they are asked then to obey that guidance in accord with the law.”
Sessions was not pleased with Napolitano’s response, so he followed up by asking: ““Well, what Mr. Crane testified to was that there are law provisions that say an agent shall do this, that and the other, and that the policies set by their political supervisors refuse to allow them to do what the law plainly requires. You are not entitled to set policies, are you, that violate the mandates of congressional law?”
Napolitano answered that question by saying she “disagree[s] with almost everything” Sessions has said, “but we’ll just have to respectfully disagree with each other.”
There’s no respectful disagreement allowed on this kind of matter, Secretary Napolitano.
You see, there’s this thing called ‘The Constitution Of The United States Of America’ and it demands that ‘[the President] shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed’ [Art. II, s.3]
The one situation where a President [or his agents acting in his name] can refuse to enforce a law is if they believe it violates that pesky little Constitution document. But, clearly, that doesn’t apply here.
At least they’re upfront about it now.
And that is a good thing, but will both houses of the Congress rise-up and fight the Executive because this is a grave Constitutional crisis? —No need to reply.
Ernst Schreiber has the answer to the question, ‘What can we the people do about this?’, although he phrases it as a question:
If the government can pick which laws it’s going to enforce, and when, does that mean I can decide when and which I’m going to obey?
Short answer: Yes.
When a government set up by the Sovereign People becomes Tyrannical, the People have a right — nay, they have a duty — to disregard all of the unconstitutional laws, policies, and regulations passed or issued by said Tyrannical Government.
In The American Republic, all power is held by it’s citizens. They are the Sovereignty. All power rests with them collectively and is under their control. ‘[I]n Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity’, the Sovereign People agreed to cede certain powers to a central, national government. These they enumerated in The Constitution Of The United States Of America. Those powers not granted to the national government, the Sovereign People reserved to themselves or to the governments of the Several States, but they always retained ultimate control over all the powers of the earth.
Those who are elected or are appointed to offices in the national government act as agents of the Sovereign People and agree, when they assume their positions in said government, to preserve, protect, and defend The Constitution Of The United States Of America — this they swear before God.
When these officials promulgate laws, regulations, and policies that are repugnant to The Constitution, the Sovereign People have a duty to see that such actions are reversed. The normal means for this is through their elected representatives and/or through the Federal Court System.
When such avenues of redress are not available or made too difficult to obtain, the Sovereign People have a right and a duty to:
to alter [the government] or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
They are also under no obligation to respect any laws, regulations, and policies that are promulgated by the Tyrants in the national government, because the contract between them and the government has been grossly violated by the latter — they are freed from their moral and legal obligations to do so.
The Constitution is the supreme law of the land, but there is a higher law. It is the one the grants the people their Sovereignty, the one that entitles them to assume the powers of the Earth. I speak of The Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God.
No man can revise or revoke the Laws Of God. No man is possessed of the knowledge of God, so no man is fit to assume the powers of God.
As the children of God, we are under no obligation to obey the commands of any man, or group of men, who act in defiance of The Laws Of Nature.
The current national government of The United States Of America is Tyrannical.
It governs as if it is not beholden to any restrictions. It ignores the Truth that all of it’s Power derives from the Sovereign People and that said People have restricted said Power.
We, therefore, are under no obligation to heed or adhere or feel compelled to obey any of this Tyranny’s laws, regulations, and policies that violate our God-given rights as Free Men with Free Will.
Resistentiam Tyrannis nunc. Resistentiam Tyrannis saecula. PROSCRIPTUS!
Resistance to Tyranny now. Resistance to Tyranny forever. OUTLAWS!
From The Camp of the Saints: http://thecampofthesaints.org/
Forget Read’n, Write’n, and ‘Rithmatic – The Liberal Commies Want to Turn Your Kids into Godless Marxists
Common Core: Nationalized State-Run Education
By Dean Kalahar
Like all Orwellian euphemisms, “Common Core” is not about innocent ideas like the word “common” or the term “core.” The phrase “Common Core” is used to hide the real aspects of an education policy which if articulated openly would never be taken seriously, let alone be implemented.
Common Core is being driven by an amalgam of overt/covert actions, apathy, and Progressive passions, where their ends justify any means. Some people cheering Common Core seem to be unwittingly going along out of good intentions and laziness. While some on the bandwagon are motivated by the usual suspects of money and power, others have just been duped.
These varying alliances seem to be focused on the fact that Common Core’s “lead architect,” David Coleman, says he believes in the value of a liberal-arts education. The problem is nobody asked what a liberal-arts education means to Mr. Coleman. Reading his background puts new meaning to the word “liberal” in liberal arts.
The godfather of that machine was another fictional saint who became Thomas Jefferson’s vice president after successfully rigging an election using a phony water company that eventually became Chase Bank, was tried for murder after killing the first Secretary of the Treasury, was tried for treason after a conspiracy to make himself King of Mexico and plotted to convince New England to secede from the Union.
The urban political machine was born in New York but died in Chicago. It’s no longer a separate entity. One of the inconveniences of urban life along with smog, muggings and excessive regulation. The urban political machine has gone national. It’s here. It’s there. It’s everywhere.
You may disapprove of New York’s soda ban or Chicago’s love affair with gun control or Los Angeles’ pandering to illegal aliens; but what happens in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and the rest of the country’s blighted metropolises no longer stays there. You can live surrounded by ten thousand acres of wilderness on one side and the deep blue sea on the other and it will still find you because the urban political machine has gone national.
The last election was the triumph of the urban political machine. In 2008, Obama ran as a national candidate. In 2012, he ran as the figurehead for the urban political machines and let their voter turnout and voter fraud efforts carry the day. In 2008, he tried inspiring people. In 2012, he ran the same tired campaign run by a hundred corrupt mayors in a hundred cities who know that they can’t lose because the game is rigged and the voters have no choice.
The urban political machine was born in New York but died in Chicago. It’s no longer a separate entity from the rest of the country; one of the inconveniences of urban life along with smog, muggings and excessive regulation. The urban political machine has gone national. It’s here. It’s there. It’s everywhere.
The machine doesn’t care about individuals. It only counts bloc votes. It doesn’t care about making life better for people. Its genius is for finding ways to make life worse because it knows that it has more leverage over people looking for the next meal than over people looking to buy a house in the suburbs. The political machine doesn’t budget; it loots. It breaks the bank, raises taxes, drives out industries and rules over a feudal war zone sharply divided between the rich and the poor.
Reborn in fragmented cities that were multicultural before it was even a word, let alone a buzzword, the machine feeds off misery and conflict. During the 1860s, the machine sent German and Irish immigrants to riot and kill African-Americans to protest the Civil War. During the 1960s, it sent African-American mobs to riot and kill to protest the Vietnam War. The machine does not care about black or white. It only cares about power.
Power, the machine understands, is division. The machine is Machiavellian. It plots out segregated neighborhoods the way that generals deploy battalions. It promotes violence and suspicion and then meets with both sides to offer them a truce. It got big again as the frontier got small and a thousand peoples crowded into overcrowded cities speaking a babble of different languages and knowing nothing except the transplanted micro-communities that they had brought with them.
The machine built on that. It took as their leaders anyone who could deliver a bloc vote. And it traded entitlements for votes. The community leaders became barons, the machine operators became kings and everyone else living in narrow streets, meeting in bursts of gang violence at the boundaries, and voting in blocs to keep the other side from getting better access to the goodies offered by the machine, got to be the peasants.
In 2012, tribal politics became national politics. The country was divided and conquered. A campaign run on convincing a dozen separate groups to be afraid of each other and of the majority made all the difference, not in some urban slum, but from sea to shining sea. The country had at last become the city. And considering the state of the city… the state of the union does not look good.
Amnesty for illegal aliens is the natural next step for the machine. The urban machines always wanted their cities to be big. They never cared if the people could feed themselves or if they could feed them. More people meant more votes. More votes meant more money.
The bigger the big cities get, the more micro-districts can be carved out, gerrymandered by race, divided by language, and capable of carrying more and more of the treasury back home to the machine. And if the cities can get big enough, fast enough, then they can outrace their own inevitable bankruptcies to seize control of the wealth of a nation. It’s the only hope of municipalities bulging with unfunded pensions, unfundable social welfare and a next generation of workers that doesn’t exist.
Money is not the issue. Urban political machines have always spent money like water counting on their cities being too big to fail. Right off City Hall in New York City sits the Tweed Courthouse, named after one of the most infamous bosses of the Tammany Hall political machine. Despite being a modest building, it cost more four times more to build than London’s Houses of Parliament. Today it houses the headquarters of the Department of Education which is spending the city deep into debt. That just goes to show you that the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Obama’s crazed spending spree is nothing new in big cities where the debt is sky high and there is no way to cover it. Detroit is teetering on the verge of bankruptcy. Chicago is facing a frightening pile of debt. California’s municipalities are taking the entire state down with them and Bloomberg doubled New York’s debt during his time as mayor.
The urban political machines don’t fear bankruptcy. They embrace it. Crises create more opportunities. When people are hungry, it’s childishly easy to get them to march round demanding this and that and then using this and that as cover for even bigger thefts. Bailouts and recovery programs are rich wells full of money that can be plundered.
The score was never as big and rich as it was during the first heady days of Hope and Change. The machine operators are no longer playing around with a few billion here or there for urban recovery programs. Instead they’re juggling trillions. The amount of money at their disposal is mind boggling and so is their thievery.
Paying it back is not their problem. America, like Chicago, is too big to fail.
The machine operators live in a world where the people and the cities are collateral to be borrowed against. As long as they control governments, they imagine that there will always be greedy suckers ponying up a few trillion which the next generation will pay off and the one after that.
It never occurs to them that the rest of the world is filled with starving human collateral and the ruins of old cities. It never occurs to them that Chicago, Detroit and New York are just places where people made things and earned a living. And that a city without an economy is just Somalia or El Salvador with a lot of tall buildings.
America is now being run by the logic of the urban machine. The rules on which the cities run are being applied to the rest of the country when it comes to gun control, health care and race. The rules broke the cities and they are breaking the country. And there is no escaping the rules without breaking the power of the urban political machine that now controls the country.
Not as determined as we are.
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — With time running out on the chance to pass gun control legislation, President Barack Obama on Monday warned Congress not to use delaying tactics against tighter regulations and told families of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting victims that he’s “determined as ever” to honor their children with tougher laws.
Obama’s gun control proposals have run into resistance on Capitol Hill, leaving their fate in doubt. Efforts by Senate Democrats to reach compromise with Republicans over expanding required federal background checks have yet to yield an agreement, and conservatives were promising to try blocking the Senate from even beginning debate on gun control legislation.
“The day Newtown happened was the toughest day of my presidency,” Obama said in an emotional speech from Connecticut’s capital, an hour’s drive from Newtown. “But I’ve got to tell you, if we don’t respond to this, that’ll be a tough day for me too.”
From Weasel Zippers: http://weaselzippers.us/
As promised in the comments here a couple of days ago, Paul Weston presents the evidence for a carefully planned takedown of the English Defence League by the “Conservative” British government.
David Cameron Declares War on the EDL
by Paul Weston
David Cameron’s Con/Lib government really doesn’t like the English Defence League. Here is Cameron on the EDL:
“The hon. Gentleman speaks not only for his constituents, but, frankly, for the whole House in deprecating the English Defence League and all it stands for. On its attempt to say that it will somehow help to restore order, I have described some parts of our society as sick, and there is none sicker than the EDL.”
When Cameron talks about Islam, however, he adopts a slightly different approach:
“Many Muslims I’ve talked to about these issues are deeply offended by the use of the word ‘Islamic’ or ‘Islamist’ to describe the terrorist threat we face today… it is mainstream Britain which needs to integrate more with the British Asian way of life, not the other way around.”
So some Muslims feel upset that Islamic terrorists are carrying out terror attacks both in the name of Islam and in accordance with the Koran, which Cameron apparently sympathises with, but when it comes to the EDL he hates everything they stand for?
But what does the EDL stand for? They would rather our vulnerable young girls were not gang-raped; that sharia law should have no place in Britain; that young girls should not suffer female genital mutilation; that imported imams should cease encouraging sedition, terrorism, anti-Semitism, the murder of homosexuals, the inequality of women, etc. etc. etc.
And Mr Cameron is against The EDL And All It Stands For?? The British government, police and media were able to keep the countless Muslim gang-rape abominations away from the mainstream news-headlines for over a decade, so perhaps one can understand Cameron’s hatred of the EDL, without whom the internationally embarrassing Muslim gang-rape news would have been buried for another decade — along with several thousand new victims…
So no one should be surprised that a traitor and a quisling — for that is what David Cameron is — who clearly hates his country, its traditions, and its people, should now be trying to designate the EDL a terrorist organisation with a view to closing them down completely.
In order to do this, he has assembled a varied group of high level people to get the process underway. Cameron, incidentally, does not mix socially with the centre-right. Cameron clan dinner parties hosted by his alleged Marxist wife attract predominantly the great and the good of the leftist world, which perhaps include The Guardian’s Mark Smith, who wrote the following on 13 March 2013:
The EDL is exploiting concerns about sex-grooming gangs to fuel its anti-Islam agenda and help forge networks with far-right groups across Europe, according to a university report… Alexander Meleagrou-Hitchens of KCL’s International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation said: ‘The EDL has successfully exploited concerns about the sex-grooming gangs in the north of England, turning the issue into one of Islam versus the west…there’s a danger that the UK will export this kind of vicious, far-right activism to the rest of the continent.’
The EDL and its partners have worsened community tensions and further promoted ideas that helped inspire the Norwegian mass killer Anders Breivik… this ‘rape jihad’, as it has become known, is a significant concern for the EDL, says Meleagrou-Hitchens. ‘Interest has risen since revelations in the British media about the existence of sex-grooming gangs made up of Muslim men of south-Asian origin.’
The far-right group is sharing these tactics with partners in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and other countries, the report found. The EDL has had an online presence for some time but it is making efforts to move to the physical world… the attacks in Norway (Breivik) were the first example of an individual inspired to pursue terrorism in direct response to perceived Islamisation, and they are unlikely to be the last.
Alexander Meleagrou-Hitchens, the author of the report quoted by the Guardian above, is no lightweight. His organisation, based at King’s College London, is called the International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation (ICSR) which is a counter-terrorist organisation taken very seriously by the British government.
The ICSR held a conference recently, which it described as follows:
At this major conference, experts, analysts and policymakers from across Europe will discuss the evolving threat from a new breed of far right extremists, the so-called “Counter-Jihad” movement. The event will also launch ICSR’s latest policy report A Neo-Nationalist Network: the English Defence League and Europe’s counter-jihad movement written by Alexander Meleagrou-Hitchens and Hans Brun.
There were some very influential people present at this conference, including: Ian Bradshaw, from the ‘Tackling Extremism & Hate Crime Division’ of the government’s Department for Communities and Local Government. Matthew Collins, Hope not Hate. Jonathan Birdwell, Demos. Maria Margaronis, The Nation. Magnus Ranstorp, Swedish National Defence College. Vidhya Ramalingam, who specialises in countering far-right extremism, from the Institute for Strategic Dialogue, and Professor Roger Griffin, Oxford Brookes University.
The conference was moderated by Professor Peter Neumann and Dr. John Bew of ICSR and was hosted in partnership with the Community Security Trust (CST); the Center for Asymmetric Threat Studies (CATS) and the Swedish National Defence College which has high level military links.
The keynote speech at this ICSR conference was delivered by the Conservative minister James Brokenshire, Parliamentary Under Secretary for Security who made some of the following observations, as reported by the Evening Standard:
Right-wing extremists could pose an al-Qaeda-style threat in Britain, the security minister warned today. James Brokenshire said the “ugly face” of the far Right was a “real” danger to public safety and had the same aim as Islamist extremists of wanting to reshape society… He warned of the risk of attacks by Right-wing “lone wolves” [a.k.a. Breivik — PW].
He also said the activities of the English Defence League could ‘stoke radicalisation’ and push people towards terrorism. Such groups “can provide ‘gateway ideologies’ through which individuals may migrate to more extreme organisations… where these lines blur, from a counter-terrorism perspective, is where the real risk lies.’
The people at this conference range from the Neo-Communist hard Left, all the way through to genuine military counter-terrorism departments and high level politicians. When they invoke al-Qaeda and Breivik in relation to the EDL, we can see clearly the direction David Cameron is taking. This is a blatant attempt to link the EDL with genuine terrorism in order to close them down.
This is just the first stage. Get genuine counter-terrorist organisations and friendly left-wing media outlets like The Guardian to denounce the EDL, link them to Breivik and al-Qaeda and then get Britain’s government security chief to say the same. Stage two — having set the EDL up for a fall — is to place an MI5 man within the organisation; give him a fake bomb and a handy mosque and arrest him in a huge televised police operation just before he was due to “set it off” then blaze the headlines across the country: “EDL Terrorist Bomber Arrested at East London Mosque” and bob’s your uncle, proscribe the EDL under counter-terrorism laws.
If they succeed in this, which I think they will, then Britain will have taken just another step toward temporary totalitarianism which will replaced well before 2050 by outright Islamic rule. Cameron is now on the list of quislings who must one day be held accountable for treason.
Paul Weston is a British-based writer who focuses on the damage done to Western Civilisation by the hard left’s ongoing cultural revolution, which seeks to destroy the Christian, capitalist and racial base of the West. He is the leader of Liberty GB, his website may be found here, and his political Facebook page here.
For links to his previous essays, see the Paul Weston Archives.
From Gates of Vienna: http://gatesofvienna.net/2013/03/david-cameron-declares-war-on-the-edl/#more-27717
Here is how Wikipedia describes the Washington Monument Syndrome…
The Washington Monument syndrome, also known as the Mount Rushmore Syndrome, or the firemen first principle, is a political tactic used in the United States by government agencies when faced with budget cuts. The tactic entails cutting the most visible or appreciated service provided by the government, from popular services such as national parks and libraries to valued public employees such as teachers and firefighters. The name derives from the National Park Service’s alleged habit of saying that any cuts would lead to an immediate closure of the wildly popular Washington Monument. Critics compare the tactic to hostage taking or blackmail.
…and here is how Obama’s USDA puts it into practice:
Salmonella outbreaks. E. coli outbreaks. Millions of dollars in economic losses.
These are among the scenarios the Obama administration warned about last month as it claimed the sequester would force the U.S. Department of Agriculture to furlough meat inspectors.
But while the administration prepares to take that step, it continues to pursue a “partnership” with the Mexican government to “raise awareness” about food stamps among immigrants from that country. When a top Senate Republican proposed cutting off funds for that program last week — in the form of an amendment to a budget resolution — Democrats on the Budget Committee shot it down.
Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL) estimates the immediate cost of this malignant program to be in the $millions. The long-term cost is incalculable, since the obvious purpose is to lure Third-Worlders into the USA with government handouts in hopes of massively expanding the intergenerational welfare dependency that provides the Democrat Party with its base.
On a tip from Dr. 9.
Found at 90 miles: http://ninetymilesfromtyranny.blogspot.com/
Well…At Least a Few Senators Manned Up and Supported Rand Paul…My God…Where Was Everyone Else? Killing Americans is Ok With The Rest of Them?
Here Are All The GOP Senators That Participated In Rand Paul’s 12+ Hour Filibuster… And The Ones Who Didn’t
Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Wednesday staged an incredible nearly 13 hour filibuster to block President Barack Obama’s CIA nominee John Brennan, but mostly to bring attention to potential drone strikes against Americans in the U.S.
Attorney General Eric Holder, in a letter to Paul, said in an emergency the federal government could execute a drone strike on U.S. soil. The revelation resulted in Wednesday’s filibuster, the senator’s way of ringing the alarm bell. Paul made it clear repeatedly throughout the filibuster that he would end it once the White House admitted that drone strikes against Americans on U.S. soil are “unconstitutional.”
The White House had nothing to say on Wednesday.
Several GOP senators joined Paul in his crusade, however, many others didn’t and were not in attendance. Further, very few Democrats participated.
The Republican senators who participated in the filibuster with Paul include, Sens. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), Mike Lee (R-Utah), Pat Toomey (R-Penn.), John Thune (R-S.D.), John Barrasso (R-Wy.), Tim Scott (R-S.C.), John Cornyn (R-Texas), Jerry Moran (R-Kan.), Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.).
There are a total of 47 Republican members of the U.S. Senate, meaning 33 other GOP senators sat out the filibuster protesting the federal government’s controversial drone program. To find out who those senators are, comb through the full list here.
Just one Democrat joined in the filibuster, Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.). Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) spoke but only asked questions of Paul and didn’t officially speak as part of the filibuster.
Meanwhile, President Barack Obama invited rank-and-file Republican senators to dinner Wednesday. His efforts are “aimed at jumpstarting budget talks and rallying support for his proposals on immigration and gun control,” according to the Associated Press.
The GOP lawmakers at Wednesday’s dinner were Sens. John McCain, Lindsey Graham, Tom Coburn, Kelly Ayotte, Pat Toomey, Bob Corker, Ron Johnson, Saxby Chambliss, John Hoeven, Dan Coats, Richard Burr and Mike Johanns. Toomey, Johnson and Chambliss headed to the Senate floor later that night.
Millions of Americans and others around the world participated via Twitter Wednesday night, making #StandWithRand the number one trending topic worldwide on the social network.
From The Daley gator: http://thedaleygator.wordpress.com/
Found at Mad Medic: http://maddmedic.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/gospelofmarx.jpg
Oh…He is Much More Than a Creep…Obama is an Evil Cancer…Demonic and Destructive to Everything That is America
Is Barack Obama the Vladimir Lenin of American Presidents? No, Lenin was competent in an evil sort of way. Obama is more like Leonid Brezhnev: an ultra left-wing, belligerent doofus who isn’t laughed at by the general population primarily because the mainstream media liberals say nice things about him out of fear that they’ll end up in a gulag if they’re too harsh. Of course, we don’t have gulags, but reporters who criticize Obama would be snubbed by their peers at cocktail parties in Manhattan and Old Town, which seems almost as bad to liberals. This is how a narcissist who scores at “Nixon after Watergate” on the presidential likability scale can be perceived by much of the public as a long suffering, bipartisan nice guy. The real picture is less Van Gogh and is more Andy Warhol, if Andy Warhol were a five year old coloring with cow dung crayons.
1) Obama NEVER stops campaigning: Barack Obama almost seems disinterested in actually governing the country. Apparently the only thing he does passably well is campaign; so he has just decided to do that. His agenda, from Obamacare, to free birth control, to amnesty for illegals has nothing to do with the country’s immediate problems and everything to do with politics. This is a big part of the reason that Washington has become even more nonfunctional than usual under Obama – because he ALWAYS acts as if there’s an election next week and winning it by trying to make the GOP look bad is his first priority.
2) What he says is completely unrelated to what he does: Barack Obama is like an alcoholic who pledges to quit drinking and then gets hammered every night. Afterwards, his doting family full of enablers (played by the part of the mainstream media) pats him on the back and talks about what a great example he is for other people because he pledged to quit drinking. This is how Barack Obama can demand a sequester and then turn around and run against it or yammer on incessantly about transparency while he stonewalls on Fast and Furious. We’re talking about a man who’s worth nearly 10 million dollars, who has campaign events with celebrities and millionaires on a regular basis, and who just seems to squeeze in a little bit of work in between lavish vacations and golf outings with Tiger Woods; yet he spent most of last year campaigning against rich people. This is almost like listening to Bill Maher complain about loud mouth know-nothings who regularly say incredibly stupid things just for shock value.
3) He works overtime to pit Americans against each other: Barack Obama’s entire campaign strategy – and don’t forget, he’s always campaigning – is based on convincing different groups of Americans to hate each other. He tries to convince black and Hispanic Americans that Republicans hate them for their skin color, gays that Republicans hate them for their sexuality, women that the GOP is pro-rape, poor people that the rich are taking all their money, people who’ve had children killed that gun owners are in favor of their children dying – it just goes on and on. There have been campaigns of genocide across the world that have featured less vitriolic rhetoric against the people who were murdered than Barack Obama and Company have engaged in since he became President. Then they turn around and wonder why Republicans in Congress have trouble working with them. Go figure.
4) His hypocrisy on bipartisanship never ends: Politics is a brass-knuckled street fight in a phone booth and if you want a friend in Washington, get a dog or alternately, if you’re Robert Menendez, you hire an underage Dominican prostitute. What’s so frustrating about Barack Obama is that he’s as much of a diehard partisan as Rachel Maddow or Chris Matthews, but he never stops yapping about the importance of bipartisanship. This is a man who has done everything short of screaming, “Screw you, Republicans,” over and over at the State of the Union and yet he keeps claiming other people put “party before country.” It would be nice if he ever put his country before his party. Once. Ever. In his entire presidency. But, we’re still waiting.
5) He’s such a liar: Calling a politician a liar is a little bit like calling the Occupy Movement lazy and violent. It just sort of goes with the territory. But, even in a profession known for lying, Obama is the “lyingest” liar ever to spew lies out of his lie hole because he is allowed to get away with it. Obama’s coverage by the press is like that movie, The Invention Of Lying, where the main character is the first person on the planet to ever figure out how to lie and everyone simply takes whatever he says at face value. In this case, the part of “everyone” is played by the mainstream media which starts with the uncritical assumption that Obama is always right, good, and truthful, while the people who disagree with him are mean, partisan liars. Obama could sacrifice a child to Satan at a press conference tomorrow, get ripped for it by Republicans, and the headlines would read, “Republicans Accuse The President Of Child Murder. Have They No Shame?” Afterwards, Obama would blame the child sacrifice on Bush and we’d have weeks of “Republicans and Satan team up to wage war on children” stories in the media.
From The Daley Gator: http://thedaleygator.wordpress.com/
Found at 90 miles: http://ninetymilesfromtyranny.blogspot.com/
From The Daley Gator: http://thedaleygator.wordpress.com/
Found at Mad Medic: http://maddmedic.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/redefine.jpg
The CPUSA can disband. It is obsolete, now that the morphing of the Democrat Party into the Communist Party is nearly complete:
Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) said on Thursday that U.S. government does not have a spending problem, but America suffers from “a misallocation of wealth.”
“I look at it this way,” Harkin said at a Senate Appropriations Committee hearing on the Budget Control Act of 2011 (the law that includes the automatic spending cuts referred to as “sequestration”). “We’re the richest nation in the history of the world. That kind of begs the question doesn’t it? If we’re so rich, why are we so broke?”
That is, just because we have already spent the next two generations into debt is no reason to slow down the explosive growth of government, because there are still people out there we haven’t looted into bankruptcy yet. “Misallocation” is when people who create wealth don’t have it stolen from them.
Harkin sits on the Appropriations Committee. Most lowlifes have to wait for a riot to go looting, but Harkin does it for a living.
The debt has passed $16.5 trillion. But Democrats have only just begun to waste money. The spree won’t stop until the economy collapses. Then a population conditioned to turn to government for solutions will collapse into Democrats’ collectivist arms — or at least, that’s the plan.
Despite being softened up by decades of propaganda relentlessly inculcated by our socialist media and schools, not everyone is on board with this plan. That is why our society is preparing for war.
On tips from Lyle and IslandLifer.
From 90 miles: http://ninetymilesfromtyranny.blogspot.com/
Via The Daily Beast:
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is said by well-connected Democrats to be considering with the idea of running for president if Hillary Clinton opts out of the 2016 race.
The 53-year-old Emanuel, who is busy raising money for his 2015 reelection campaign in the Windy City, has had discussions both over the phone and face to face in the past month with Democratic Party donors and fundraisers about a possible White House run, according to sources.
It’s unclear who raised the subject—Emanuel or the donors—and the mayor’s press secretary didn’t offer any clarity on who said what to whom. However, Tarah Cooper sent a photo of Emanuel’s scrawl on yellow legal paper vowing “not ever” to run for “for another office” and reiterated his longstanding pledge that, in his words, he’s “not interested. Not going to do it. No. I’ll do it in Hebrew: lo.” (Emanuel, the son of an Israeli doctor, had dual citizenship until he was 18.) Others expressed skepticism that any such discussions between Emanuel and donors could have been serious.
From Weasel Zippers: http://weaselzippers.us/