Category Archives: Democratic Commie Party
Images found at 90 miles: http://ninetymilesfromtyranny.blogspot.com/
LAW AND JUSTICE
• First President to Violate the War Powers Act (Unilaterally Executing American Military Operations in Libya Without Informing Congress In the Required Time Period – Source: Huffington Post)
• First President to Triple the Number of Warrantless Wiretaps of U.S. Citizens (Source: ACLU)
• First President to Sign into Law a Bill That Permits the Government to “Hold Anyone Suspected of Being Associated With Terrorism Indefinitely, Without Any Form of Due Process. No Indictment. No Judge or Jury. No Evidence. No Trial. Just an Indefinite Jail Sentence” (NDAA Bill – Source: Business Insider)
• First President to Refuse to Tell the Public What He Did For Eight (8) Hours After Being Informed That a U.S. Ambassador Was Facing Imminent Death During a Terror Attack (Source: Mediate)
• First President to Lie About the Reason For an Ambassador’s Death, Blaming it on an Internet Video Rather Than What He Knew to be the Case: the Al Qaeda-linked Terror Group Ansar al-Sharia (Source: House Oversight Committee, et. al.)
• First President to Have an Innocent Filmmaker Thrown in Jail After Lying About the Cause for a Deadly Attack on U.S. Diplomats, Using the Filmmaker as a Scapegoat (Source: CNN)
• First President to Use the IRS to “Unfairly Target Political Enemies” as Well as pro-Catholic and pro-Jewish Groups (Source: Sen. Ted Cruz)
• First President to Unlawfully Seize Telephone Records of More than 100 Reporters to Intimidate and/or Bully Them (Source: Associated Press)
• First President to Witness a Single Cabinet Secretary Commit Multiple Hatch Act Violations Without Acting, Speaking Out, Disciplining or Firing That Person (Source: New York Times)
• First President to Personally Lobby Senators to Violate Senate Rules and Destroy the Filibuster Through “The Nuclear Option” to Consolidate More Executive Power (Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First President to create his own propaganda news network and “bypass journalists… [having] developed [his] own network of websites, social media and even created an online newscast to dispense favorable information and images” (Source: Associated Press)
• First President to Barricade Open-Air Government Monuments During a Partial Government Shutdown (Source: Rep. Steve Stockman)
• First President to Have His Attorney General Held in Criminal Contempt of Congress For His Efforts to Cover Up Operation Fast and Furious, That Killed Over 300 Individuals (Source: Politico)
• First President to claim Executive Privilege to shield a sitting Attorney General from a Contempt of Congress finding for perjury and withholding evidence from lawful subpoenas (Source: Business Insider)
• First President to Issue Unlawful “Recess-Appointments” Over a Long Weekend – While the U.S. Senate Remained in Session (against the advice of his own Justice Department – Source: United States Court of Appeals)
• First President to Fire an Inspector General of Americorps for Catching One of His Friends in a Corruption Case (Source: Gawker)
• First President to “Order a Secret Amnesty Program that Stopped the Deportations of Illegal Immigrants Across the U.S., Including Those With Criminal Convictions” (Source: DHS documents uncovered by Judicial Watch)
• First President to Sue States for Enforcing Voter ID Requirements, Which Were Previously Ruled Legal by the U.S. Supreme Court (Source: CNN)
• First President to Encourage Racial Discrimination and Intimidation at Polling Places (the New Black Panthers voter intimidation case, Source: Investors Business Daily)
• First President to Refuse to Comply With a House Oversight Committee Subpoena (Source: Heritage Foundation)
• First President to Arbitrarily Declare an Existing Law Unconstitutional and Refuse to Enforce It (Defense of Marriage Act – Source: ABC News)
• First President to Increase Surveillance of American Citizen Under the Patriot Act by 1,000 Percent in Four Years (Source: NBC News)
• First President to Demand a Company Hand Over $20 Billion to One of His Political Appointees (BP Oil Spill Relief Fund – Source: Fox News)
• First President to Have a Law Signed By an ‘Auto-pen’ Without Being “Present” (Source: The New York Times)
• First President to publicly announce an enemies list (consisting of his opponents campaign contributors; and to use the instrumentalities of government to punish those on the list – Source: Heritage Foundation)
• First President to Attempt to Block Legally-Required 60-Day Layoff Notices by Government Contractors Due to His Own Cuts to Defense Spending – Because The Notices Would Occur Before the Election. (Source: National Journal)
• First President to Intentionally Disable Credit Card Security Measures (in order to allow over-the-limit donations, foreign contributions and other illegal fundraising measures – Source: Power Line)
• First President to send 80 percent of a $16 billion program (green energy) to his campaign bundlers and contributors, leaving only 20% to those who did not contribute. (Source: Washington Examiner)
• First President to Propose an Executive Order Demanding Companies Disclose Their Political Contributions to Bid on Government Contracts (Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First President to issue an Executive Order implementing a “Racial Justice System”, a system that tries to achieve “racially equivalent outcomes” for crimes (Source: Daily Caller)
• First President to Leak Confidential IRS Tax Records to Groups Aligned Politically With Him for Partisan Advantage (Source: The Hill Newspaper)
• First President to Use the EPA to Punish Political Enemies and Reward Political Allies (Source: Competitive Enterprise Institute)
• First President to Send Millions in Taxpayer Dollars to His Wife’s Former Employer (Source: White House Dossier)
• First President to Openly Use the Department of Justice to Intimidate Political Opponents and Threaten Companies to Donate to His Campaign (Source: Peter Schweizer, Extortion)
• First President to Direct His Census Dept. to Make Up Favorable Employment Data In Run-Up to His Reelection Campaign (Source: New York Post)
• First President to Have His Administration Fund an Organization Tied to the Cop-Killing Terrorist Group, the Weather Underground (Source: National Review)
• First President to Preside Over a Cut to the Credit Rating of the United States Government (Source: Reuters)
• First President to Bypass Congress and Implement the DREAM Act Through Executive Fiat (Source: Christian Science Monitor)
• First President to Move America Past the Dependency Tipping Point, In Which 51% of Households Now Pay No Income Taxes (Source: Center for Individual Freedom)
• First President to Increase Food Stamp Spending By More Than 100% in Less Than Four Years (Source: Sen. Jeff Sessions)
• First President to Spend a Trillion Dollars on ‘Shovel-Ready’ Jobs – and Later Admit There Was No Such Thing as Shovel-Ready Jobs (Source: President Obama during an early meeting of his ‘Jobs Council’)
• First President to Threaten Insurance Companies After They Publicly Spoke out on How Obamacare Helped Cause their Rate Increases (Source: The Hill)
• First President to Abrogate Bankruptcy Law to Turn Over Control of Companies to His Union Supporters (Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First President to Propose Budgets So Unreasonable That Not a Single Representative From Either Party Would Cast a Vote in Favor (Sources: The Hill, Open Market)
• First President Whose Economic Policies Have the Number of Americans on Disability Exceed the Population of New York (Source: CNS News)
• First President to Sign a Law Requiring All Americans to Purchase a Product From a Third Party (Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First President to Sue States For Enforcing Immigration Laws Passed by Congress (Source: The Arizona Republic newspaper)
• First President to See America Lose Its Status as the World’s Largest Economy (Source: Peterson Institute)
• First President to redistribute $26.5 billion of the taxpayers’ funds to his union supporters in the UAW (Source: Heritage Foundation)
• First President to Threaten an Auto Company (Ford) After It Publicly Mocked Bailouts of GM and Chrysler (Source: Detroit News)
• First President to Run a Record 5 Straight Years of Deficits for the Disability Trust Fund (Source: CNS)
• First President to Attempt to Bully a Major Manufacturing Company Into Not Opening a Factory in a Right-to-Work State (Boeing’s facility in South Carolina – Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First President to Endanger the Stability of the Electric Grid by Shutting Down Hundreds of Coal-Fired Plants Without Adequate Replacement Technologies (Source: National Electric Reliability Corporation – PDF)
• First President to Have His EPA Repudiated by a Federal Judge for “Overstepping Its Powers” When They Attempted to Shut Down Coal Operations in Appalachia (Source: Huffington Post)
• First President to be Held in Contempt of Court for Illegally Obstructing Oil Drilling in the Gulf of Mexico (Source: Politico)
NATIONAL SECURITY AND WORLD AFFAIRS
• First President to Lie Repeatedly to the American People About the Murder of a U.S. Ambassador and Three Other Diplomatic Personnel for Purely Political Reasons, Rewriting a “Talking Points” Memo No Fewer Than a Dozen Times to Avoid Referencing a Pre-Planned Terror Attack (Source: ABC News)
• First President to Openly Defy a Congressional Order Not To Share Sensitive Nuclear Defense Secrets With the Russian Government (Sources: ABC News, Rep. Michael Turner)
• First President to Leak Highly Classified Military and Intelligence Secrets to Hollywood In Order to Promote a Movie That Could Help His Reelection Campaign (Source: Judicial Watch)
• First President to Renounce the Monroe Doctrine of National Security in the Western Hemisphere (Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First Nobel Peace Prize Winner to State “I’m Really Good At Killing People” (Regarding His Drone Strikes) (Source: Business Insider)
• First President to Snub the Vatican by Closing U.S. Embassy (Source: Washington Times, “Obama’s call to close Vatican embassy is ‘slap in the face’ to Roman Catholics”)
• First President to Terminate America’s Ability to Put a Man into Space (Sources: USA Today, ABC News)
• First President to press for a “treaty giving a U.N. body veto power over the use of our territorial waters and rights to half of all offshore oil revenue” (The Law Of The Sea Treaty, Source: Investors Business Daily)
• First President to send $200 million to a terrorist organization (Hamas) after Congress had explicitly frozen the money for fear it would fund attacks against civilians (Sources: American Thinker, The Independent [UK])
• First President to Insert Himself into White House Biographies of Past Presidents (Source: The New York Times).
• First President to Complete 150 Rounds of Golf in Less Than Five Years in Office (Source: Yahoo! News)
But remember: he will not rest until all Americans have jobs, affordable homes, green-energy vehicles, and the environment is repaired, etc., etc., etc.
From The Daley Gator: http://thedaleygator.wordpress.com/
WASHINGTON (BHN) – House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi gushed over Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid on Wednesday afternoon in an interview with MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell.
“He was superb, at times making perfect sense, hardly farting at all, and wearing just a beautiful suit,” said the frantically-blinking Pelosi. “I realized later his performance had made me wet myself – he was that good.”
Reactions on the other side of aisle were somewhate similar, as several Republicans said the Senate Majority Leader’s performance made them “want to puke.
Nancy Pelosi fawns over Harry Reid (file photo)
From Big hairy news: http://www.bighairynews.com/
Note: I could have posted the headline of this event from many places but The Mad Jewess has such a way with words when describing these shit heads…ZTW
Communist-Fascist, Harry Reid Has Given Obama Full Power, Today
How is this ‘law’ going to work for your Democrats when the right is forced to seize power?
In a sane world, we would take Harry Reid and hang him by his balls and then put him before a firing squad. But, America is not sane. And the Democrat party is not your Grandma’s Democrat party, it is a Communist party. Who is going to stop Harry Reid? Darrell Issa? Why men are not marching on WDC is beyond me.
Our sociopathic Government, by Harry Reid in 2008: The nuclear option, “simply put, would be the end of the United States Senate.” More on THAT.…
Excerpted from WASHINGTON POST: The partisan battles that have paralyzed Washington in recent years took a historic turn on Thursday, when Senate Democrats eliminated filibusters for most presidential nominations, severely curtailing the political leverage of the Republican minority in the Senate and assuring an escalation of partisan warfare.
The rule change means federal judge nominees and executive-office appointments can be confirmed by a simple majority of senators, rather than the 60-vote super majority that has been required for more than two centuries. Keep Reading
From The Mad Jewess: http://themadjewess.com/
From 90 miles: http://ninetymilesfromtyranny.blogspot.com/
From MM: http://maddmedic.wordpress.com/
FOund at RBA: http://redbloodedamerica.tumblr.com/
Planned Parenthood: Doing all They Can to Decrease the Black Population Because Margaret Sanger Said Blacks are Inferior
Gloria Steinem: When Obama Awards Me The Medal of Freedom He Will Be “Honoring The Work” of Racist Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger Who Advocated Genocide Against Black Babies…
There’s no way she doesn’t know about Margaret Sanger’s background, right?
Via CNS News:
Speaking at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., on Monday, feminist Gloria Steinem said receiving the Medal of Freedom from President Barack Obama would be “honoring the work of Margaret Sanger.”
“I hope this is retroactive in honoring the work of Margaret Sanger,” said Steinem about the woman who founded what would become Planned Parenthood Federation of America, the largest abortion provider in the United States.
“I hope that she would celebrate this recognition that reproductive freedom is a human right at least as crucial as freedom of speech and that no government should dictate whether or when we have children,” Steinem said.
In her remarks Steinem said that “the power of this honor may be even more evident in the withholding than in the giving,” noting that Sanger never got the medal.
“I was reminded by Ellen Chesler, biography of Margaret Sanger, that President Lyndon Johnson, even as he signed the first federal and international family planning act into law, refused to bestow the metal of freedom on Sanger,” Steinem said. “He feared reprisal from the Catholic Church.
“Ellen told me that when she looked at Sanger’s private history papers at Smith College – I’m proud to say the biggest archive of women history – she found a poignant little hand-written note from Sanger, asking that her body be buried here next to her husband but that her heart be removed to Japan – the only country in the world that had every bestowed a public honor on her,” Steinem said.
From WZ: http://weaselzippers.us/
UnitedHealth Group has dropped thousands of doctors from its networks in recent weeks, leaving many elderly patients unsure whether they need to switch plans to continue seeing their doctors,the Wall Street Journal reported Saturday.
The insurer said in October that underfunding of Medicare Advantage plans for the elderly could not be fully offset by the company’s other healthcare business.
The company also reported spending more healthcare premiums on medical claims in the third quarter, due mainly to government cuts to payments for Medicare Advantage services.
“Medicare Advantage, an alternative to traditional Medicare, combines hospital and doctor coverage and often includes prescription drugs and perks like gym memberships,” the Journal explained. “Enrollment has more than doubled since 2004 to 13 million in 2012, which represents about 27 percent of Americans on Medicare.
“The federal government pays private insurers a per-capita fee to manage the benefits. The rate is currently about 12 percent more than the average Medicare patient spends annually. The Obama administration plans to cut those extra payments to insurers by about $150 billion over the next 10 years to help pay” for the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare.
Some experts told the Journal that they expect enrollment in Medicare Advantage plans to decline sharply if that occurs.
The Journal report said that doctors in at least 10 states were notified of being laid off the plans, some citing “significant changes and pressures in the healthcare environment.” According to the notices, the terminations can be appealed within 30 days.
Tyler Mason, a UnitedHealth spokesperson, was not immediately available for comment when reached by Reuters.
At least two state medical societies are seeking temporary restraining orders against UnitedHealth and other state attorney generals are investigating the firm.
Attorneys in Connecticut, acting on behalf of the Hartford and Fairfield County Medical Associations, filed suit Friday after UnitedHealth dropped doctors serving the popular Medicare program, The Courant reported.
Other states expressed similar anger over the changes. In Rhode Island, the state’s attorney general and health department director on Friday sent letters to UnitedHealth’s New England CEO, asking him to reinstate doctors until a full plan for such a transition could be put in place, Rhode Island Public Radio reported.
Rhode Island Attorney General Peter Kilmartin and Health Department director Michael Fine told United Health that they are concerned the continuity of care will be lost in the shakeup. They also noted that UnitedHealth has not notified customers of the changes, leaving that up to doctors.
But the insurer told the WSJ that its provider networks were always changing and that it expected its Medicare Advantage network to be 85 percent to 90 percent of its current size by the end of 2014.
UnitedHealth is participating in about a dozen new state insurance markets that launched on October 1 to offer subsidized health coverage under Obamacare. The insurer had said previously it planned to withdraw from some markets in 2014 because of the government funding cuts.
From The Daley Gator: http://thedaleygator.wordpress.com/
GREAT Tweet from RS McCain today
Democrat 2014 campaign slogan: “Now That We Totally Fucked Up Your Health Insurance, Give Us a Chance to Fuck Up Everything Else, Too.
Go read the post that goes along with that Tweet, it is pure gold
If you want to see a microcosm of the problems looming for Democrats in their 2014 mid-term campaign to recapture the House, look no further than New York’s 23rd Congressional District:
Martha Robertson is the Democratic candidate challenging Republican incumbent Tom Reed in NY-23, my home district.
We have highlighted Robertson many times before regarding her unsubstantiated fundraising claim that “GOP ops” tried to take down her website. Robertson’s campaign never has provided proof of that claim, leading to a fair amount of negative local television coverage and even national press attention.
The fundraising scandal, which I doubt is over, likely will be overshadowed by a much bigger problem: Robertson is a long-time and vocal supporter of mandates with the ultimate goal of single-payer.
In light of the Obamacare debacle, and the inability of the federal government even to set up a website portal, a complete federal government takeover of the health care system is a hard sell.
Basically, the Democrats own the train wreck that is Obamacare. The GOP has a GREAT opportunity here. Can they take advantage? They damn well better. Here is a bit of helpful advice from me to the GOP establishment. If a long-time Republican gets a primary challenger from the Tea Party, do not whine. If the incumbent is a Conservative they ought to welcome debate, and their challenger as well. And, if the incumbent loses the primary, then the establishment ought to welcome and support the Republican voters choice! Respect your base, without them, the GOP is done. In other words care more about America, than about your power.
To the Tea Party. Feel free to primary a less than stellar Conservative, I think it is great for our party. Challenge them, and debate them, but if you lose to them, support them anyway. Remember, the less Democrats in Congress the better. Basically, we need to have open challenges among ourselves, and then we need to support the winner. Again, recall that not one Republican voted for Obamacare in 2010, NOT ONE! A less than stellar Republican is better than a Democrat!
From The Daley Gator: http://thedaleygator.wordpress.com/page/2/
This made me want to puke. What can I expect from a loud-mouthed Commie piece of sh*t.. This is what leftists think about, 24/7…urine and feces. They are depraved pigs.
I am not a Palin fan. I rarely follow anything she does. For no other reason than.. I just don’t. Bashir is beyond the pail.. Disgusting talk. How in the hell does MSNBC allow their hosts to talk like this? This is absolutely filthy. But, just take one look at Bashir and you have an ugly, little, pussy, Aladdin-looking crumb. Go back to your country and just get the hell out of here, you vomitous gasbag.
MSNBC host Martin Bashir suggested Friday that someone should defecate and/or urinate in former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin’s mouth.
Where are the feminists? Probably on their knees, worshiping Obama their bitchy girlfriend.
Another opinion on filthy MSNBC: Martin Bashir wants Sarah Palin to be defecated and urinated on
From The Mad Jewess: http://themadjewess.com/
The Housing Debacle Wasn’t Enough…Now Liberal Loonies Want to Give Car Loans to People Who Can’t Pay Them
“Feminism is the theory; lesbianism is the practice.”
– Ti-Grace Atkinson, 1971
“The political economy of socialist feminism establishes that, in contemporary society, women suffer a special form of exploitation and oppression.”
– Allison Jaggar, 1988
“Marriage as an institution developed from rape as a practice.”
– Andrea Dworkin, 1989
Professional athletes can spawn with multiple baby mamas, and feminists have no word of complaint. Gay men hiring surrogates to breed children for them? Lesbians raising adopted child sex-change experiments? No problem, say the Womyn’s Studies majors. In response to the general plague of divorce and fatherlessness, the poverty-inducing epidemic of illegitimacy that replicates underclass misery, the collective reaction of the Official Women’s Movement is . . . crickets chirping.
However, let a normal couple of married Christians give birth to more than the standard 1.7 children, and they become the targets of seething rage and resentment from the feminist Left. You saw this attitude exemplified in the hysterical reaction to Sarah Palin who, by giving birth to five children, was made the object of fathomless hatred. “For many liberal women, Palin threatens their sexual identity, which is bound up with their politics,” as James Taranto observed.
The Duggars are the “stars” of the TLC network reality series, 19 Kids and Counting. Predictably, our friends on the left hate them: see Jezebel and Jenna Karvunidis and Bitch Magazine (check out the comments!) and, of course! Amanda Marcotte. It’s pretty simple: if your choices aren’t their choices, then your choices are wrong, illegitimate, and societally harmful. It’s not like they are actually killing anyone, and the Duggars are self-supporting, taxpaying Americans; they aren’t on welfare.
RH Reality Check thinks that it’s horrible, horrible! that Mr Duggar referenced the Holocaust, and you know, I agree: Holocaust references by pro-life groups are inappropriate. After all, the Holocaust killed only six million people, and is nowhere in our abortuaries’ league when it comes to dealing out death.
It is shocking how fanatically devoted some people are to the “right” of abortion. Doug Hagin at Daley Gator explains:
I used to try to talk sense to pro-abortion people on message boards. . . . I found out they too believe it is a baby, and they revel in the “right” to destroy it. To them, a woman is not whole unless she can have her baby executed in the womb. How depraved are they? Well, consider many of the regularly compared unborn babies to parasites, and cancerous tumors, yes really.
Such unspeakable hatred toward human life is rooted in a radical ideology that views the culture and institutions of traditional morality and family life as part of an oppressive bourgeois capitalist system which they — the feminists — must destroy.
It is not just marriage and motherhood, but also religion, patriotism and all notions of virtue, honor and decency associated with those concepts which are the targets of cultural destruction by feminists and the larger radical movement to which feminists belong. You might think there is some reasonable limit to what feminists would endorse in pursuit of this agenda, but hate is irrational and radicalism knows no limit. So when a Canadian provincial government publishes “Children’s Sexual Behaviours: A Parent’s Guide,” which tells parents that it is “natural and healthy” for young children to “touch the ‘private parts’ of familiar adults” and to look at “nude pictures on the Internet, videos, magazines,” we get the expected reaction from feminists: Crickets chirping.
Why the silence? Because the Left is willing to “normalize pedophilia” as part of its “ongoing effort to rid the world of Judeo/Christian influences,” as Matt Ross says. The failure to understand the Left’s revolutionary ambitions leads to a sonambulant indifference to the Left’s declarations of its beliefs, its methods and its purposes.
“Childlike innocence is an invention of the bourgeoisie of early capitalism.”
– Olaf Stüben, German pedophile activist, 1981
While advocating the perverse, abnormal and deviant as “rights,” the Left simultaneously attacks the wholesome and decent, so a married Christian couple like the Duggars must be stigmatized as part of the Left’s larger project, which one of their leaders described as “fundamentally transforming the United States of America.”
Every day brings new headlines heralding the Left’s success at destroying the moral foundation of our nation’s culture.
That’s a good question: Why would the University of Oregon bring anotorious anti-Christian speaker like Dan Savage to campus?
Why not bring the Duggar family to campus instead?
MSNBC would never say the Duggars are “doing wonderful, important work,” because the Duggars are Christians and MSNBC hates Jesus.
From The Other McCain: http://theothermccain.com/
Demonrat Senator Thinks There Should be no Time Limit on How Late You Can Rip a Baby out of the Womb
Sucking a baby from the womb and tossing it in the trash, nah, nothing extreme about that.
Via CNS News:
Sen. Patty Murray (D- Wash.) criticized the proposed Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act on Thursday, calling it “unconstitutional” three times while speaking on the Senate floor. “So we’re here today to make one thing abundantly clear and that is that this extreme, unconstitutional abortion ban is an absolute non-starter,” Murray said.
Murray continued, “The truth is the drumbeat of politically driven, extremist and unconstitutional laws continues to get louder. And apparently some of our colleagues on the other side of this aisle want to make some noise about this so that their adoring audience of right wing radio-hosts and activists are satisfied.”
“Women who continue to believe that their healthcare decisions are theirs alone are not going anywhere,” Murray said. “And by the way, the Constitution is not going anywhere and therefore this bill is not going anywhere.”
From WRSA: http://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/
Today a new iron curtain is descending. It encloses the small Missouri town where Churchill gave his speech and all the great capitals of a great nation. Behind the iron curtain lie New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia and countless others.
It covers a million streets and hundreds of millions of people. Its shadow passes over stores and factories, homes and schools. It is not a physical wall. There are, as of yet, no border guards with rifles waiting to shoot those wanting to leave, there are no watchtowers or leashed dogs keeping an eye on the inner frontier.
It is a wall of words. A wall of laws, regulations and mandates. The 2012 Federal Register had 78,961 pages. There are 11 million words of ObamaCare regulations alone. With so many regulations, everyone violates a few of them without even knowing it. Assemble all the millions of them together and you have a great wall that would dwarf anything in China
The American iron curtain is still made out of paper, but in time it will be made out of cement and iron. Tyrannies begin with paper, but end with metal. The state begins by imposing bureaucracy on a free people and ends by imposing tyranny on them. When they will not obey the paper, it resorts to steel, iron and lead.
Four decades after Churchill invoked the Iron Curtain, in his Evil Empire speech Reagan named the Soviet enemy as those who “preach the supremacy of the state, declare its omnipotence over individual man, predict its eventual domination of all peoples of the Earth.”
“They are the focus of evil in the modern world,” he said.
Quoting C.S. Lewis, he warned that the greatest evil “is conceived and ordered (moved, seconded, carried and minuted) in clear, carpeted, warmed, and well-lighted offices, by quiet men with white collars and cut fingernails and smooth-shaven cheeks who do not need to raise their voice.”
That is the struggle now before us.
We do not fight men with nuclear missiles or red armies of freezing conscripts waiting to march through Europe. Instead we fight against an evil empire that has arisen in our cities and its red army of front groups that insinuate their ideas into every institution they take control of.
Conservatives have lost the ability to lay out the stakes in the clear and simple language of a Churchill or a Reagan, to let the people know that they are not choosing between politicians, but choosing whether they will be able to have the car of their choice, the doctor of their choice, the meal of their choice and the book of their choice.
Choice, the word that once used to define the American experience, has been relegated to a debate over whether mothers have the right to kill their children. That choice is still the focus of a national debate. But the billion other choices that millions of people make have been taken off the table.
The conflict is simple and straightforward. It is the struggle over whether America will be an open system or a closed system.
In an open system, you choose the life you live. In a closed system, your life is mandated for you. An open system believes in the genius of the individual while the closed system believes in the genius of the visionaries of the ideology and the moral purity of the bureaucrats who implement it.
The open system is a door that you can choose to lock or leave open. The closed system is a cell door with wardens and guards who will let you out when they choose to.
In the open system you are in control. In the closed system you are being controlled for your own good, for the greater good, for the good of the state and the five-year-plan and the policy paper and the sub-paragraph of the regulation of page 50,261 as reinterpreted by a Federal judge in a court ruling that you never even heard of.
In the open system, you are a free man or woman standing at an open door. In the closed system, you are one of countless numbers in a book and a database. A number has been given to you at birth and your life is an interaction with other numbers that rate your behavior and your potential until your death when you are given your final number– the sum total of your property that will be claimed by the state.
Even in an age where the internet has proven the supremacy of open systems, liberals insist on pursuing the iron dream of the 19th century of stewardship and slavery, of a state that runs like a factory with managers to oversee the cradle to grave lives of its dumb and unwilling workers.
The iron dream has failed everywhere. Its ruins dot the Russian landscape. Its corpses fill the tundra from Asia to Europe. Its victims cry out across thousands of miles. The statues of its visionaries fill the scrap heaps of the east and its empty fields and abandoned factories can be found on every continent.
But everywhere there are men who need to believe in the supremacy of the state, in the closed system, the iron dream and the iron curtain, in 78,000 pages of regulations and all their millions and millions of words, in the nudge, the mandate, the law, the bill and the billy club.
These are the dreamers of the iron dream; the professors who tell their students to change the world by enslaving others to their iron dream, the newsreaders and entertainers who vividly paint the joys of living in the iron dream and the horrors of life outside it, the activists who crowd around shouting for the iron dream in the name of the “People” and the politicians of the iron dream whose faith is in the good of the many and the power of the few.
The American iron curtain is not substantively different than the iron curtain anywhere else, its descent is only slower and the men and women lowering it are more familiar.
The politicians are not guttural foreigners with harsh voices, they speak of American values and invoke American history even as they dismantle both, they stand in front of flags and speak of social justice at state fairs.
They claim that the old system is broken, that it’s unfair and inhumane, that progress is inevitable and that the march of progress and the progress of science have revealed that their way is best. The Mohamedans had their revelation from an angel and the politicians have their muse who shows them that a better world is possible when all men are slaves and the right men rule over them.
They speak of the power of the people, but they only mean certain people will have power and other people will have the power to support them. Like a Soviet election, the power of the people will be limited to voting “Yes” or “No” with the negative vote punishable as subversion and treason.
They don’t call for shooting their opponents, though occasionally the liberal thinkers at the think-tanks that come up with the ideas and talking points that are incorporated into their laws and speeches are indelicate enough to broach the subject. That sort of thing usually comes later.
For now they are concentrating on building their paper walls higher and higher. There are more laws than anyone can read, let alone know or follow.
The laws, like the marching Chinese, are effectively infinite. Even if a curious fellow were to sit down and try to read through them, going without food or sleep around the clock, it would be a hopeless task because no sooner will he have finished 100 pages,than a fresh delivery of another 200 pages will have already been added.
There is too much law being made to count.
Laws are being passed to find out what’s in them and even reading them is useless because the added regulations define what the law does and judges decide how they should be implemented. Nearly 100 million Americans will have their health plans taken away because of how the regulations were written.
That is the power of the paper wall.
In 1912, Theodore Roosevelt delivered a speech that began, “The great fundamental issue now before the Republican party and before our people can be stated briefly. It is: Are the American people fit to govern themselves, to rule themselves, to control themselves? I believe they are. My opponents do not.”
“I believe in the right of the people to rule,” he continued. “I believe the majority of the plain people of the United States will, day in and day out, make fewer mistakes in governing themselves than any smaller class or body of men, no matter what their training, will make in trying to govern them.”
A hundred years later, that is still the issue before us. Will we have an open system in which the American people govern themselves or a closed system in which they are governed by bureaucracies and judges, by the activists and mediacrats of the iron dream and their politicians who promise to protect them from their own choices?
We cannot have a hybrid system of both functioning together for very long. Freedom and tyranny do not naturally co-exist. A system does not hang in equilibrium between open and closed. Or as Lincoln put it, “This government cannot endure, permanently, half slave and half free.” And it isn’t enduring.
America has been moving back toward the closed system for some time now. The movement is incremental, its bureaucratic chains come wrapped in populist rhetoric, its power plays take the moral high ground for the oppressed, for progress and for efficient government, and its worst abuses are kept out of the headlines.
Each generation has less freedom than the last. Each generation lives under a more powerful system that is relentless in its determination to control and command. And each generation fails to make the connection between its incremental poverty, its incremental loss of freedom and its growing government.
The iron curtain, like the Berlin Wall, is vulnerable. It can be torn down when enough men inspired to be free converge on it and begin destroying it with sledgehammers and even their bare hands. Its greatest strength is that men do not even know that it is there.
When Churchill named the iron curtain, he expressed a reality that people were familiar with, but lacked the words to describe.
The Communists had seized control of Eastern Europe through deception and double-dealing, they had promised freedom and delivered tyranny, and did it with the collaboration of politicians and media abroad who defended their crimes and spoke of them as humanitarians and defenders of equality. And there lay their greatest strength; until they were named for what they were, it was impossible to see the iron curtain and the evil empire that Churchill and Reagan made real.
That is true of the American iron curtain, which goes by a thousand names like liberal, progressive, humanitarian, social justice, equality, opportunity, reform… and 993 others like it. To destroy it, it has to be named.
People do not try to tear down a wall that they do not even know is there. It is only when they see the wall, when they feel its chill in their bones, when they sense its shadow over their lives, when they strive to climb over it and are shot down, when they chant against it and are beaten; will they be ready to tear it down.
Until the men and women of the open system come with a clear message warning of the wall that is being built around a free people, then they will go on losing elections and the cause of freedom will be lost, drowned in iron and paper, put in chains and filed in a trillion crowded databases.
Only when Americans see the wall, when they sense its shadow over Missouri and Florida, over New York and California, from ocean to ocean and border to border, will they be ready to tear it down.
Only then will they be ready to be free.
A cancer patient whose health insurance was canceled due to Obamacare says he will “pay the $95 fine and let nature take its course” rather than “be a burden on my family” with new monthly premiums that are over $1,300 higher under Obamacare.
“I’ve thought about this long and hard,” Bill Elliott told Megyn Kelly Thursday night. “When my insurance comes out, just for me, it will be $1,500 a month with a $13,500 deductible. I’m not going to pay that. If I make it that long, I will pay the $95 fine and let nature take its course.”
“I’m not going to be a burden on my family to pay this $1,500. What good is it going to do when I was paying almost $180 [a month]?” Elliott told Kelly. “Now it’s gone up to $1,500 and it’s going to take money out of my kids’ bank and my family, and I’m not going to put up with that.”
Elliott says he has prayed about his decision and feels it is the right thing to do.
“Whatever happens, I believe I’m doing the right thing. I’ve thought about it and I’ve prayed about it… To me it’s saving my family money and then they’ll have money to spend instead of throwing it down the drain like President Obama is wanting us to do,” said Elliott.
Elliott says he voted for Obama due to his promise that Americans could keep their plans if they like them.
“I like my doctor. I love my insurance,” said Elliott. “They were paying just about everything, including medication and medical devices.”
Life is often full of such hard decisions, but the fact that this one should never have had to be made in the America of 2013 makes my anger know no bounds.
Barack Hussein Obama and every, single person who pushed through Obamacare and continue to stand by their actions are despicable and vile poor excuses for Human Beings, they are wastes of Human flesh who should relegated to solitary confinement in harsh prisons for the terms of their natural lives.
Soon, they shall all be worthy of the nickname ‘Redskin’ and they shall be all Lady Macbeths, their hands covered in the stains of murder most foul.
And, yes, Mr. Elliott was a total and complete idiot in placing any trust in a Leftist, but I, for one, forgive him. He acted out of willful blindness. But Obama and his comrades acted with malice aforethought.
God Bless him and his family.
From TCOTS: http://thecampofthesaints.org/
Found at The Feral Irishman