October 29, 2012
Tommy Robinson (Stephen Lennon), leader of the anti-sharia English Defence League (EDL), is the UK’s most high profile prisoner of conscience. It seems that he is being treated differently as a result of his political profile. This does not just refer to his imprisonment but also to the way the British state is treating him now it has him in its power.
British Freedom (H/T bains) Following an international outcry he was moved from a dangerous part of Wandsworth Prison. However, it now appears that he is being denied his basic rights for politically motivated reasons. We have received the following information from a reliable source concerning Tommy’s present circumstances:
1. He is still in the same clothes he went to prison in.
2. They are refusing to allow him clean/ fresh clothes — family members took clothing in but they would not allow it to be handed over.
3. He has received no mail or money from anyone and he knows his wife gave in a postal order for a large amount whilst visiting.
4. He is being refused all privileges.
5. With no money he cannot purchase razors, food etc. and is having to eat the slops provided.
6. He was arrested with £90 but at the prison when asking for his money he was told he didn’t have any. Where has this £90 gone?
We urge all concerned party members and supporters to write to their MPs seeking assurances that Tommy is being allowed his basic entitlements, especially mail which allows him to keep in contact with the outside and to know that he has support around the world (see Berlin video below).
You can contact your MP quickly and easily online at www.writetothem.com.
It is important that international lovers of freedom keep up the pressure on the British state to treat Tommy with fairness and respect. People should not be treated unfairly just because they stand up to the inequalities of sharia.
Demand equal treatment for Tommy Robinson rather than sharia inspired victimisation!
From Bare Naked Islam: http://www.barenakedislam.com/