Despite the absurd ruling by turncoat Justice John Roberts of the Supreme Junta, the individual mandate is a power grab, not a tax — not that there is any shortage of taxes in ObamaCare, as Americans for Tax Reform documents:
1. Excise tax on charitable hospitals ($50,000 per hospital hike).
2. Codification of the “economic substance doctrine” ($4.5 billion tax hike).
3. “Black liquor” tax hike ($23.6 billion hike).
4. Tax on innovator drug companies ($2.3 billion).
5. Blue Cross/Blue Shield tax hike ($400 million).
6. Tax on indoor tanning services ($2.7 billion).
7. Medicine cabinet tax ($5 billion).
8. HSA withdrawal tax hike ($1.4 billion).
9. Employer reporting of insurance on W2.
10. Surtax on investment income ($123 billion).
11. Hike in Medicare payroll tax ($86.8 billion).
12. Tax on medical device manufacturers ($20 billion).
13. Raise haircut for medical itemized deduction ($15.2 billion).
14. Special needs kids tax ($13 billion).
15. Elimination of tax deduction for employer-provided retirement Rx drug coverage.
16. Annual executive compensation limit for health insurance executives ($600 million).
17. Individual mandate excise “tax” (actually, this one is a penalty).
18. Employer mandate tax.
19. Tax on health insurers ($60.1 billion).
20. Excise tax on comprehensive health insurance plans ($32 billion).
In return for all the $billions upon $billions being looted from us, we get to watch vast armies of petty tyrant bureaucrats cut us off from our healthcare system.
Ramming ObamaCare down the country’s throat despite mass public resistance is the Manchurian Moonbat’s only achievement of any significance whatsoever. He ran on the incessantly repeated promise that he would not raise taxes “one dime” on 98% of Americans. That is, he ran on a brazen lie. Yet there are people who would vote for him again.
On a tip from TheWrightWing.
From Moonbattery: http://moonbattery.com/