Shhhh! All on its own, in a dark of night backroom deal, the European Commission has decided to give Turkey the same residence and employment rights in Europe’s economy as European Union members.
The Slog And that’s not all. Detailed plans to extend the same rights to Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Croatia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Israel.
The Slog has obtained sight of an official Brussels Commission document which, while not confidential, has not as far as I can tell been the subject of MSM coverage, or indeed any vote at all among MEPs.
Although dated March 30th 2012 as a ‘proposal for a decision’, I can reveal that the decision has been approved and is already going ahead. It is to grant Turkish citizens the same residency and labour rights in Europe as existing EU citizens.
The unelected European Commission has repealed the 1980 Ankara Accord between what was then the EEC and Turkey, and replaced it with a major change to the rights of Turkish citizens in the EU. The proposal was presented to a working group eleven days ago on March 30th, and approved by that same anonymous gathering.
I doubt very much if even the eurosceptic wing of the Conservative Party is up to speed with the fact that this Turkish grant of rights is about to pass quietly into law – as so many of these lunatic Commission decisions have a tendency to do. But the clauses in relation to non-eurozone members like the UK (already sinking under the weight of unrestricted migration) are truly mind-boggling.
This gives Home Secretary Theresa May-and-very-probably-will something of a problem: despite her protestations of ‘cracking down’ on migrant numbers and the rights of their dependents, as a Member State Britain will have to obey the diktat.
I do not employ the phrase ‘ lunatic Commission decisions’ above lightly. Any unelected and yet sovereign body happy to take on the welfare needs of these workers at a time of euro meltdown must be deranged at least.
To enumerate the idiocy involved here:
1. Turkey’s economy under the closet Islamist Recep Erdogan is about to go bang. Enter millions of jobless Turks stage left.
2. Turkey has already threatened to annex Cyprus…both parts of which represent an existing EU member.
3. Algeria, Morocco, and Tunisia are all recently destablised States with growing Islamist power in their politics.
4. None of them are in Europe. Small point, but worth bringing up I feel.
5. All four of the above States are anti-Israel in the most bellicose manner.
6. Germany has just passed a law denying these very rights to unemployed ClubMed citizens. How are they now going to feel in the light of this new law? How is Gunter Grass going to feel, having just been banned by the Israeli Government?
7. The anti-Islamist security ramifications of the new law would be horrendous. Yet Theresa May tells us that GCHQ must listen to and read all our online and telcom communications even without such a potty increase in the risks involved. (Only media outrage stopped Camerlot from slipping this little number through the Lobby Fodder).
Zero alignment with the map of Europe, the financial chaos of the eurozone, the political powder keg that is the middle east, and real life in the 3D Universe lies – as ever – behind the adoption of this proposal. It is time the Camerlot Establishment stopped complacently referring to unthinking EU madness as “an imponderable”. It is time William Hague started looking for a way out come what may. And that includes Theresa May.
From Bare Naked Islam: http://barenakedislam.com/